If you dream of making a living from stitching, or would just like to make a bit of extra cash in your spare time, then why not consider selling your cross stitch? You'll have so much fun stitching that it won't even feel like work! Read on for our ten top tips on how to get started...
1. Cross stitch cards are ideal as they are quick to stitch and easy to sell
2. Ask your local schools or craft shops if they need a teacher to run workshops
3. Post pictures of your work on Facebook or show people photos, so they can see what you could stitch for them
4. Set up an eBay or Etsy account and trial selling your cross stitch items
5. Look at other sellers to make sure you price your products realistically
6. Hold a girls evening at your house and sell your stitched gifts
7. Invest in a charting program and design your own charts - you might be able to sell them!
8. Start a blog - if it gets big enough you could make money from sponsors and advertising
9. Don't be afraid to charge friends and family a feee for your work
10. Wedding and birth samplers are popular items to sell
For more top tips and easy to stitch projects, pick up the new issue of Cross Stitch Crazy, out now!