2014 Xmas Stitch Along January Submission

Keep up-to-date with all the Stitch-Alongs taking place on the Forum

2014 Xmas Stitch Along January Submission

Postby frog1987 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Sorry there didn't seem to be a thread for submissions and many of us seem to have completed or nearly completed this month's challenge.

Here's mine stitched today. He will be put in a coaster as a stocking filling. I plan to make many of these :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's work x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheryl
frog1987

Re: 2014 Xmas Stitch Along January Submission

Postby hollybunny1984 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Ah he's cute. I've used him for a card before :-)
Sarah :)
hollybunny1984

Postby lindsaylou » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:16 am

Very cute!
I am finishing up for my firsts card for the b/day card exchange and then I'll start on my Xmas SAL - have picked it out so that is a bonus :) for me it's always too many things and too little time so that's why I am hoping this SAL will give me some Xmassy ornaments by the end of the year . It's kinda like when my friend and I commit to attending hydrotherapy - even the days you don't feel like it you go anyway so you do't let each other down :)
lindsaylou

Postby CatsEyes » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:57 am

What a dear little snowman! Well done, he looks really cute :D
Sarah
Taking part in:
- Christmas SAL and Coloured Heart SAL
- Spring/Easter RR and RRs
- Recipe exchange
CatsEyes

Postby megbaby » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:05 pm

He looks lovely.
megbaby

Postby Lynda-Rose » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:03 pm

Very cute snowman! Is it a Mouseloft kit?
You've done a fab job.

Just in case you (or any one else) is wondering why there's no thread for the Jan submissions yet, it is because they aren't being posted until around the 15th of each month, Donna and I thought it would give everyone a chance to get finished and post our pictures around the same time.

Feel free to add your pic to the thread when it's posted too, can never have enough snowmen, haven't had snow round here so far this winter so I haven't seen a real one for a while lol :D xx
http://www.etsy.com/shop/lyndascraftroom <<To see my stitching
http://lyndascraftroom.blogspot.co.uk/ <<To see stitching and other crafts

WIPs
Santa's Workshop cushion
Spring RR
Lynda-Rose

Postby frog1987 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Ok LyndaRose. Thing is many of us have already stitched our submission so surely we can just post our pics when they're done.

It's a Hobby craft kit x
Cheryl
frog1987

Postby Lynda-Rose » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:24 pm

I understand that and I wasn't being funny with you or anything, I was just pointing out what was written in the guidelines that Donna and I wrote - that the thread would be posted on the 15th so we could all add our photos together as a group thing which was the whole point of the stitch along.

I feel like you've just snapped at me for pointing it out to you tbh, I don't know if you meant it to seem that way but that's how it came across.

WIPs
Santa's Workshop cushion
Spring RR
Lynda-Rose

Postby frog1987 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:30 pm

I honestly wasn't snapping. I was just saying why I had started a thread for it. It's fine I'll just post my submissions to my blog or general chat x
Cheryl
frog1987

Postby Lynda-Rose » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:36 pm

It's up to you where and when you post, I was just pointing out that the stitch along thread wouldn't be posted until the the 15th as you questioned it in your post.

WIPs
Santa's Workshop cushion
Spring RR
Lynda-Rose

Postby frog1987 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:40 pm

But you accused me of snapping and I wasn't. Not a problem I'll pull out of this to save the confusion again and I'll just do my Xmas stitches on my own. I look forward to seeing everyone else's posts though :) x
Cheryl
frog1987

Postby Lynda-Rose » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:52 pm

I didn't accuse you of snapping! I said that it came across that way to me but I didn't know if you meant it to be that way. << It's hard to see peoples intentions in text so I just wanted to clear it up
Tbh I think it is daft for you to drop out of the SAL over this but it is your decision. I certainly don't want you to drop out so if you do it's your choice. I was just clearing something up that was in the guidelines and as I said I wasn't being funny about it.
This is supposed to be a fun forum group thing and not a drama so I'm not going to say any more about it, I was actually just trying to be nice but if you see it differently there's nothing I can do to change that.

WIPs
Santa's Workshop cushion
Spring RR
Lynda-Rose

Postby Deejay » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:05 am

Hiya,
Please don't take this the wrong way but, me & Lynda set up this SAL so that the forum could do something TOGETHER meaning that, if you are a faster stitcher, just hang on a while and let others catch up. I realise everyone will be working at a different pace, but I don't really think it is much to ask to stick to the guidelines and just wait until the SAL January thread was posted. It was the only ONE thing I specified, and nicely asked for. There's no need to decide just because Lynda has quite nicely asked you to stick to this that you no longer want to do the SAL with us, but if that's the way you feel it's up to you. I just think in future it would be nice if people waited. We set this up for the forum to do something nice TOGETHER & keep each other motivated.
Organising: Secret Easter Bunny Exchange (details out), Summer to Autumn RR (wip), 2014 Spring/Easter RR (wip), Christmas Quick-stitch SAL Challenge 2014 (wip)

Deejay

Postby frog1987 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:13 am

Not a problem at all. I would prefer to post my pictures when I've finished stitching so I'll bow out of this and just post my pics in general chat as and when I get things finished. Happy stitching everyone :) x
Cheryl
frog1987

Return to Stitch-Alongs (SAL)