Afternoon

General chit chat forum

Afternoon

Postby xstitchderdee » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:49 pm

to everyone. Its been a beautiful day here today. Wind has come up now a bit though.

DH is busy in the gardening planting out some seedlings we bought today. Garden is looking lovely at the moment. Lovely to see all the flowers again.

Had a fairly successful shopping day. Managed to get a few xmas presents for the grandkids but couldn't find anything for Brooklyn for her birthday. She has enough dolls, prams etc and her parents have bought her a new bicycle so really now sure what to get. I did buy two little bead making and painting craft kits but they are only small items which I will keep for Christmas. Both Brooklyn and Joshua have birthdays in December so its double presents for them.

Bought some tree decorations from the Christmas Shop and some more houses for my village. Had had such lovely things in stock that I would loved to have bought but can't afford to buy them all. Bought an "Elf on the Shelf" for the grandkids.

Posted all my exchanges pieces off as well and hopefully they will arrive in time.

Have a good evening.
xstitchderdee

Re: Afternoon

Postby Janie74 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:20 am

You sound very organised Delene :mrgreen: I think about Christmas once DS has had his birthday on 31 October. I did get a couple of new ornaments for the tree from Harrods when I was in London in September. They had a 10% off day so they were reasonably priced. :mrgreen:

This year I'm giving all my nieces and nephews money so that's easy and my great nephew I'll get him a little something. My 2 don't want anything so I'll get them some smellies to open but we're going to take them to London for the weekend as their Christmas present. DD and I will see a show and hubby and DS will do something else. We're not going until the new year so it's something to look forward to. :mrgreen:
Janie74

Postby frog1987 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Sounds lovely Jane.

I went on a crochet retreat day today which was lovely and made progress on my blanket.
Cheryl

craftyblogger30.wordpress.com/
frog1987

Postby Janie74 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Lucky you Cheryl :mrgreen: ive justpopped on their Facebook page and seen your blanket it looks lovely and loving the colours :mrgreen: I'm going on November 16 and can't wait. I've also booked 2 dates in the new year (can't remember which off the top of my head) it would be brilliant if you could come. :mrgreen:
Janie74

Postby frog1987 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:38 am

I hated the colours of the first one so changed to blues which I worked on at Escape to the Crochet and I love it.

The trouble is the dates are filling up so fast which is my own fault. They have 3 new regulars thanks to me! but I can't book in until I know Richard's shifts to see if I can go or not. I was lucky with the one on Sunday I got a cancellation less than a week before. I wanted to go to the xmas one as that was amazing last year. It's booked up already. Pleased you're enjoying going Jane.
Cheryl

craftyblogger30.wordpress.com/
frog1987

Return to General Chit Chat