Morning / afternoon

General chit chat forum

Morning / afternoon

Postby xstitchderdee » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:15 am

to everyone. Overcast here again and just a little bit chilly.

Was a nice funeral and the Minister spoke so kindly and caringly. Why is it that you only meet up with old friends etc at funerals ? It was good to see all the old bosses and old staff members who used to work with us. One realises just how they are missed when you seen them. Also a bit scarey and sad to see how they have aged.

Half way through my little Christmas hat I am stitching for an exchange card. I always enjoy stitching Christmas designs. Kind of motivates me to do more stitching.

Hope you all have a good day
xstitchderdee

Re: Morning / afternoon

Postby jayneb » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:41 am

Morning ,
Kinda cold here and wet.Off to work in awhile, only a little shift today thankfully.
Glad that your friend had a good send off Delene xx
Started my exchange piece last night , really pleased how much I got done , done a fair bit in my craft room as well so a good day was had by me.Will post some pictures later on .

Happy Thursday to all xx
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
jayneb

Postby snavenasus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:33 am

Looking reasonably bright just now but there was torrential rain at 4 o'clock this morning and we are forecast showers for the whole day. Got to do some ironing shortly - meant to do it yesterday but we went out instead to see some friends.
Getting in some extra stitching at the moment as I so want to get to the end of the piece I started last October but also need to start thinking about a card for the Christmas exchange
ImageImageImage
snavenasus

Postby Stella59 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:42 am

Evening all, well had a very christmasy morning today wrote all my cards sat outside in the sunshine :) stitched ones and papercrafted ones, only got a couple more to stitch but they are Aussie ones so no pressure, then all my exchanges but I have started them so doing well.

Glad your friend had a nice send off Delene,

Jayne would love to see what you have been making at craft,

Off to do a bit more on one of my exchange pieces
Hope everyone has a great day :)
Stella
Stella59

Postby madmax » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Good afternoon,its a bit chilly here in Essex.i have been browsing through cross stitch crazy,the Nov edition and getting inspiration.its full of xmassy designs I suppose Christmas will be here soon enough.i am on my lunch break at my volunteer job at Ssafa the army charity where I do admin work.i have been stitching for 18 years now.,on and off.my current projects are from Bothy Threads.oh well back to work...Happy stitching.marilyn
madmax

Postby Danielle 31 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Evening everyone, Delene I'm so glad your friend had a good send off.
Every where I turn at the moment Xmas is mentioned, I'm starting to feel a bit panicky, I'm sure it's starting earlier every year and it's going by so quick. I'm trying hard to get my pirate ship finished, so I can start on 2 Xmas pressies, I should be able to get my backstitch started tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Hi madmax can I ask what bothy your doing, im obsessed with bothy have a big stash if them in my draw specially the cut thrus, hoping to start my love tree soon.
Hope everyone has a good weekend what ever you may have planned. Xxx :)
Danielle 31

Return to General Chit Chat