Morning / afternoon

General chit chat forum

Morning / afternoon

Postby xstitchderdee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 am

to everyone. Woke up to rain this morning. Only drizzling but still grateful. Just wish the other areas that so desperately need the rain would get some.

These Monday mornings are not so good here at work. Last Monday the break in and yesterday we had a fire here at work. Our reception area's air conditioner (the outside part) started burning. Got really bad and had to call the fire dept. Luckily no one was hurt and the fire was contained to the air conditioner area. We managed to put it out with fire extinguishers just as the fire dept arrived. One window cracked. We were worried that the big windows right next to it would perhaps also break and it would have caused damage but luckily this never happened. The air conditioner unit which is a huge one is completely burnt out. So lots of drama for the ladies at work.

Last night I started on my first easter card for this year. I bought some easter charts last year. They are old charts and the colours are not nice so have used my own choice of some pastels. Enjoying stitching something small again.

Have a good day everyone.
xstitchderdee

Re: Morning / afternoon

Postby jayneb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:55 am

Morning ,
Well we have rain but by heck its cold ,couldn't get warm at all yesterday.
Managed to do some stitching last night on my baby sampler and last night one of the ladies asked me to so a stitch for her she liked the fairy in WOXS magazine so need to get that kitted out , she wanted to pay me by the hour but I just asked for the cost of materials etc but what a compliment to be asked :)
Work in a bit then got 3 days off that's the only thing that keeps me sane knowing I'm off for those days.
Wishing you all a good day xx
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
jayneb

Postby crossstitchqueenc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Sorry to hear about the fire Delene. I hope you can replace the air conditioner soon. I am sure you need it right now! What a honor to be asked to stitch something for someone jayneb (sorry don't know your first name.) I would be afraid of making mistakes or the person being disappointed in it. Also good for you having three days off. I hope you do something for yourself.

It is another cold one here. Still no more snow. It is supposed to get to 40F today and 50F tomorrow so maybe some of this white stuff will melt. Here's hoping!! It is still hard to navigate the side streets as they don't get plowed.

Yesterday was another day without a stitch taken. I just haven't been in the mood for it. I am not going to post a progress pic in WIP until next week since I have not been working on it.

It is out to Sushi today as my Valentines present from my parents. Dad won't go go cause he thinks it sounds gross but Mom and I love it! Their fried rice is also very good.

Have a good day all! Carissa
crossstitchqueenc

Postby Danielle 31 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 am

Evening everyone. Glad no one was hurt Delene, it seems a bad time for your workplace at the moment hope everything starts to go smoothly now.
Its a lovely feeling to be asked to stitch something for someone.
Hope you enjoyed your sushi, but eeeurg not for me. Hope you manage to get some stitching done.
Saw my grandparents today, grandad have me the beeswax it is the right one so really happy with that. Hoping my stitchy post comes tomoro ordered 2 more needle minders am trying to catch up to Bron lol and a gorjuss design the one were she's holding a bunny, hubby thinks it's creepy, mind you he thinks anything creepy my auntie gave me one of those dolls that look and feel like a real baby it's the ugliest thing lol but didn't want to hurt her feelings and say I didn't want it.
Not been able to stitch much today.
Hope everyone has a lovely valentine's day.
Xxxxx :)
Danielle 31

Return to General Chit Chat