Morning / afternoon

General chit chat forum

Morning / afternoon

Postby xstitchderdee » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 am

to all. Hope everyone is well. I have been off here for a couple days. Had a bit of a "melt down" last week and just needed a few days to pull myself together. Had a lot of things going on and just felt I couldn't cope. But I am feeling better again.

Haven't done much in the line of stitching either. On Sunday night I started a new ornament so have two going on at the moment. The one I was working on first is part of a bigger design so had a few issues in trying to "separate it" from the design. But I think I have got it right now.

Have a good day everyone.
xstitchderdee

Re: Morning / afternoon

Postby Dance_Mummy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:38 am

Morning/afternoon all
Glad your feeling more yourself Delene, been struggling myself this last couple of weeks. DH had a motorbike accident luckily only a bad back and a broken leg but scary all the same! It’s been easier now he’s home from the hospital. DD is back from her school history trip in France and Belgium and really enjoyed it.
It’s DS 16th Birthday on Saturday and I wanted to organise a party but haven’t had time, feel so bad. He's finished his GCSE exams now so is helping out with the gardening and next door MIL’s too.
No stitching for awhile but itching to do some, hope to find some time soon.
Hugs to those that need it!
Paula x
Dance_Mummy

Postby Bex1989 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Morning/Afternoon//Evening

Not much stitching for me today I don't think. Depends what time we get home.

We have just been to our cousin's funeral. We are in the car now on out way to the wake (dad's driving). Had a bit of a nightmare with my dress after finding the new dress i had got for funeral was slightly see through when you actually looked at it in daylight. So i have ended up in a pale pink and black dress (they said that you can wear whatever colour you want, doesn't have to be black. Luckily for me, i suddenly remembered i had this dress. I had originally brought it to go to a wedding but changed my mind and wore something else its only taken it a year and 3 months to get an outing).
Bex1989

Postby Danielle 31 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:15 am

Evening all, really do hope your feeling more like your old self Delene. Did miss seeing your daily post. DM, oooh that sounds nasty, bet it was really frightening, hope he recovers soon. Wow we never did anything like that at my school. The trips we went on were flamingo land lol.
So sorry Bex, I never know what to say about a funeral, hope it went ok seems a bit wrong. Good job you noticed about the dress before hand.
It's been very warm the last few days, yayyyy my grandparents are off there holiday. So we took tabby home today, think she was in a hit of a dull lol, tried to put her in her house to get in the car, she was like a stubborn child stretched her back and front legs right out so she wouldn't fit through the door lol. But got her in, in the end. Feel a bit bereft now keep expecting to see her outside, but that's it till there next holiday.
My cooker glass came so I can use my cooker again. It's RA awareness week this week, I keep sharing RA posts to try and get my family to understand. But goes in one ear and out the other. Not stitched much today, but am really pleased she nearly has her second eye.
My grandad loved his father's day card, so thank you Bron, and his easel as his extra gift he is over the moon with them, he wasn't in when we took tabby back he gone to see his metal detecting buddies his words, he couldn't wait to show them which gives me a glow of pride, I got a text to say they really loved it, and was jealous they didn't have any talented relatives to do them one lol. With all this praise don't think my head will fit through the door lol. Usually my gma bans my gdad from having any of his metal detecting bits on show but these are to go pride of place in the living room lol.
Popped to Argos on the way back, then into whsmith to get my crossstitcher mag, so going to sign off now so I can read it.
Hope you all have a good week, and if ever you need to talk you know were I am.
Be safe and happy stitching xxx :)
Hope you manage to get some done Bron. Xxx :)
Danielle 31

Postby bron1974 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 am

Hi everyone, glad to see you are on the mend Delene, hope the funeral was as the family wanted it Bex, glad your DD is back safely Paula and yay for you Danielle that Tabby has gone home (although your probably secretly missing her lol)
Well done on the lovely comments from your Grandad, he sounds really proud of you.
Well, no stitching here since Sunday and probably none until this weekend. My DD has her sports day tomorrow (Thursday) so will be at school with her all day. Then Friday will be my shopping day instead of tomorrow if that makes sense lol.
I'm missing it so much but hope my stitching bug has enjoyed her holiday and next week will be better. Hope everyone has a lovely morning/evening. Take care and try to stitch Bronwynne xxxx
bron1974

Return to General Chit Chat