Question on Victorian Lady pattern

Exchange information about the chart shop, chart reviews and all the latest products in the shop.

Question on Victorian Lady pattern

Postby Villandra » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi,
I'm currently stitching Joan Elliott's Victorian Lady and I have a question about the pattern. I've never stitched with beads before and I'm not sure about something. In the pattern a bead covers one whole cross. Does it mean that instead of a cross I'm placing a bead? or does the bead go on top of the stitch? The beads are quite small so just wondering if a bead on its own will be sufficient to cover the fabric. I'm stitching on a dark blue aida so wouldn't like the fabric to be seen if the bead doesn't cover it fully.

Basia
Villandra

Re: Question on Victorian Lady pattern

Postby Stella59 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:42 am

When I stitched my Victorian Lady, I left a space where the beads should be, then stitched the beads on at the end, but mine was stitched on white, maybe try stitching a bead on while you are stitching to see if the fabric shows through, :) hope this helps,
Hope you show us your finished lady when completed
Stella
Stella59

Postby sindy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:04 pm

when I using beads I stitch the beads on top of the stitch as the beads might not cover the full gap up
sindy

Postby Aleida » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:01 am

If you are on FB you can ask Joan Elliott directly. She has a FB group. If you are not on FB, I can ask for you, if you like.
Aleida

Return to Charts and Kits