All crafting going wrong

General chit chat forum

All crafting going wrong

Postby Silverbunni » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Does anyone else ever feel like the world is conspiring against them doing crafts?!! Of course in my case it is a small toddler who wanders off with things. I found him chewing the end of my crochet hook today and I can't remember where I put it after removing it from him. I think he must have wandered off with the blue thread I am using to do my Mother's Day cards and I can't finish them without it. I can't work on my new business (designing cross stitch earrings) as I need day light to see the stupidly small holes. Need to buy a natural light but I can't afford one for a few months. Can't do earrings easily during the day as someone always come to 'help' and I use a sharp needle.

Presently sulking and eating cake... cake makes everything better :lol: luckily I have tomorrow morning toddler free (at the hospital but free time is free time!!)
Silverbunni

Re: All crafting going wrong

Postby kat25 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:37 am

I had to laugh at your plight! One of my cats likes to 'help' me when I am stitching. He fishes threads out of my sewing basket (never the ones I want of course) and likes to lie all over the pattern I am using. If I am not paying him enough attention, he stabs me with a claw - surprisingly much sharper than the needle!!

And if I leave anything lying around, he likes to bat it onto the floor - scissors, bobbins, material... Sadly, he is the only one of the cats who doesn't take regular naps so I can always guarantee he will be around to assist!

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow (or today if you're in UK!)
kat25

Postby Stella59 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:41 am

Leave your craft for a while, play with your little one, they are only young once,my oldest grandson is 13 on Monday, it only seems 5mins since his mom (my daughter) was a baby. Craft will wait until he is a bit older, he might even like your craft and help you properly :D
Stella
Stella59

Postby xstitchderdee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:09 am

You will have to wait until your little one is asleep. I know its difficult to try and craft with little ones around. My grandkids like to fiddle with my craft goodies so when they are coming, I have to pack everything away.
xstitchderdee

Postby frog1987 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:02 am

I only craft when little ones are having their nap or once they are both in bed at 7. Its all packed away in cupboards the rest of the time. Good luck finding some crafting time.
Cheryl

craftyblogger30.wordpress.com/
frog1987

Postby sindy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:07 am

hope you find your items and sometime to stitch. hope the cake helped
sindy

Postby Silverbunni » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:55 pm

Kat25 my bunny used to 'help'... very annoying as he used to chew stuff. Luckily the dog just wants to sleep so I know I only have to drag stuff out from under her. :lol:

I know I should be spending as much time playing with him as possible but I like to sneak in a few minutes here and there. I find it helps me feel better (been struggling with a bit of depression since I hurt my back... been a year since I slipped the disc. I don't know how you cope with two Cheryl! Davin just doesn't stop, unless Bing is on the tv. He is always on the move. I am shattered by his bedtime lol. :lol: :lol:
Silverbunni

Return to General Chit Chat