Anyone stitching Christmas designs?

General chit chat forum

Anyone stitching Christmas designs?

Postby Ozzy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Before you know it Christmas will be here, I don't really stitch for Christmas, I don't stitch cards and I've never stitched a Christmas design before, if you have stitched a Christmas design do you keep it up on display all year round?
Ozzy

Re: Anyone stitching Christmas designs?

Postby frog1987 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:57 pm

I don't keep mine on display all year round. Just put them away with the xmas decs and get them out the next year. I'll be starting on my xmas exchange piece soon.
Cheryl

craftyblogger30.wordpress.com/
frog1987

Postby jayneb » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Make loads of cards and baubles for friends but this is my last year that i will be doing so.Got a UFO of a Christmas scene and i have just recently finished a john Clayton lady Scarlet so she will be coming out for the festive period.
I have finished one of my exchange pieces and need to make my other on up , not very good at sewing though :)
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
jayneb

Postby xstitchderdee » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:33 pm

Christmas is my favourite time of the year for stitching. I stitch a lot of ornaments and cards for exchanges and for friends. I have lots of lovely large designs that I have stitched over the years for Christmas and the normal pictures all come down off the walls and the Christmas ones go up. I do have 2 christmasy ones that stay up all year round merely because they were large designs and I just love them too much to pack them away so 1 is up in my diningroom all year round and the other one is in my little lounge all year round.

At the moment I am still busy with my stitching for cards and then I will be stitching ornaments for my grandkids. Each year since they were born I have stitched one each for them and when they have their own homes one day I will give them to each grandchild for their own trees.
xstitchderdee

Postby Danielle 31 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 pm

I have done Xmas cards in the past,for family and friends till I found out they was binned after Xmas, so I stopped doing it. I have only stitched one Xmas design which was the cut thru north pole did that one last year just in time for xmas, I put it away when all the decorations came down I'm looking forward to seeing it again. I like the free gifts you get with the cs magazines, some are really fun to make. Xx :)
Danielle 31

Postby DJ-H » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 pm

The majority of my stitching is for greeting cards. Currently I'm stitching a poinsettia motif for a friend's BD card. Her BD is 3 days before Christmas. I also make CCS Christmas ornaments for my 3 DGDs. I can only think of one framed Christmas CCS that I bring out with my Christmas decorations.
DJ

❤¸.•*""*•.¸❤❤¸.•*""*•.¸❤ ❤¸.•*""*•.¸❤

My Blog: Crafting is My Busy-Ness
DJ-H

Postby snavenasus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:14 pm

I don't do any Christmas stitching other than a few cards for family and close friends and the Christmas card exchange on here every year. Most of my main pieces take at least a year to do so I want to see them all the time not just for a few weeks
ImageImageImage
snavenasus

Postby Ozzy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:47 am

There are some lovely Christmas designs I've seen but just wondered if people kept them up all year
Ozzy

Postby Sylvana » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:19 pm

My beginning of stitching Christmascards will be the first of November only four pieces and a birthday card.
xxxxx
Sylvana

Return to General Chit Chat