Evening

General chit chat forum

Evening

Postby Danielle 31 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Evening all, my pirate ship is going very slowly not like me at all. Feeling really down at the moment, I've just joined Facebook, for the purpose of cross stitching.
Really wish I hadn't, found things out about my brother and his girlfriend that had really upset me. As you all know my mum died last September what I didn't know my bro girlfriend, posted pics of my mum on Facebook which I don't agree with she said she had my bros permission but surely she should of had mine too. There is one particular photo that breaks my heart and it's awful don't want to remember her like that I don't want the world seeing her like that. Also tonight she had put up a for sale notice for a bike that I bought my niece for her first bday it cost 80 quid, the sign goes like this, NO USE for bike at all used once for half an hour,wants 50quid for it. I know Ella is 4 soon and she has outgrown it but to never have used it makes me feel worthless and a waste of my money I really want to ask for it back so I can give it to charity at least other people will appreciate it. There's all these little things with them over the few days, it's making me stressed which is not good for my arthritis, people will probably think it'd my own fault for joining up, I only wanted to join for my live of cross stitch.
I'm sorry for putting it on here but I only have hubby to speak to just needed to let off a bit of steam. Thanks for listening hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend happy stitching. Xxxxxx :(
Danielle 31

Re: Evening

Postby bron1974 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:59 am

Hi Danielle sorry your so sad and down. That's not good about your brothers girlfriend I can understand why you would be so upset. I haven't joined Facebook, I've thought about it for stitching like you, but not at the moment. Hope you feel better soon and sending you lots of ((((hugs)))))Bronwynne xx
bron1974

Postby frog1987 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:20 am

Sorry to hear this Danielle. You don't need to add all of your family etc. Just make a sort of secret page that you can use as to connect on cross stitch lots of people do it like 'stitching fan' as your name something more your kind of thing. Then you're anonymous like on here.
Cheryl

craftyblogger30.wordpress.com/
frog1987

Postby jayneb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:34 am

Sorry that you have to deal with unpleasantness like this, couldn't have been nice seeing pictures of your Mum.Nobody will think its your own fault but like Cheryl has suggested just pick who you add .We are all here for you if you need to get it off your chest xx
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
jayneb

Postby Danielle 31 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:40 pm

Thank you for listening to me, because Im new to Facebook I'm a bit bewildered about not knowing what to do my grandma knows more about what to do on it lol.
Feeling alot better today I think it helped writing it down I will try your suggestions if I can figure out what to do. Just want to say a massive thank you for listening and replying I really appreciate it. Thank you thank you thank you xxxxxx xxxx :) :)
Danielle 31

Postby xstitchderdee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:59 am

Sorry you have been upset by these postings. This is the downside of facebook. But perhaps you can also block her so that you do not have to see anything of her postings and she can't see yours either. Also make sure you set your privacy settings too.

I
xstitchderdee

Postby Janie74 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Hope you get things sorted. Some people don't think about how it will effect others what they put on Facebook.
Janie74

Postby lisawp » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:34 pm

You can play around with your settings so you only see what & who you want to, and vice versa, my settings are pretty high due to where I work & problem family members!
WIP: Motorbike Birth Sampler
UFO: Daffodill Lake, Jareth's Castle
Latest Finish: Scout challenge badges
Posts from old site = 3092 member since 4th March 2003 (originally a member from 2001!)
lisawp

Postby Danielle 31 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Thank you all will take your advice. Thanks for listening and advising xxxxxx :) Hubby thought he would cheer me up, he bought me this to put the ends of the thread in or chocolate wrappers lol so it doesn't interrupt my stitching to get up to go to the bin, thought it was very cute and a good idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Danielle 31

Postby bron1974 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Hope your feeling better Danielle, like the little bin, I use an empty easter egg bag that Sarah gave me, but only after she finished the chocolates inside lol xx
bron1974

Postby del56 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:18 am

So sorry to hear you have been so upset by Facebook postings. They are very hurtful & those sort of things do stick in your mind. Glad you DH tried to cheer you up.

I am glad others have given you advice as I do not understand Facebook. Went on it & got in touch with an ex work colleague which I was pleased about so we exchanged news. Then realised all those on her list could read my messages too. Naively I thought they were just between me & her, soon changed my mind & closed a/c when I saw a message from someone else which I could read.

Hope you feel a bit better today, expect it will take a while for the hurt to go though. Take care.
Del
del56

Postby Danielle 31 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Thanks Bron xxx :)

Thank you Del, I thought I had figured out the privacy setting, turns some people can still see unless I'm still not doing it right.really don't like this, I'm trying not to let it bother me now,i don't think Facebook is all its cracked up to be, I feel much happier on this forum and your all really supportive. At least we have all the same interest and love what we do. So thank you again for all your support. ;) Xxxxx
Danielle 31

Return to General Chit Chat