Morning / afternoon

General chit chat forum

Morning / afternoon

Postby xstitchderdee » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:58 am

to everyone. Supposed to be very hot here today but at the moment it is overcast and looks like it could rain any minute.

Just want to thank everyone for Christmas cards received. I received a bunch of cards from the UK yesterday. They were only from the UK so our Post Office must have been storing them over the holiday period! Also received a couple of packages from the USA on Monday so they must have had them stored somewhere because usually the post comes in dribs and drabs and not a whole bunch at once. So very nice posties days. In one of the packages I received a kit I had bought from someone called Gift Bag Ornaments by Dimensions. This is what I will be stitching for my grandkids this year as their Christmas ornaments.

Have a great day everyone.
xstitchderdee

Re: Morning / afternoon

Postby tubbsy24 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:59 am

Good afternoon Delene. Great that you have had some great post days. I have had a few late arrivals from the UK too but our postal service is very bad in recent times so I think the problem is definitely at this end. Letters from the UK used take 4-5 days now nothing ever arrives in less than 2 weeks. Seems to be OK going to the UK though. :? A lovely day here today, I went into the city to do lunch with a distant cousin of my dear departed hubby and I even managed to fit in a visit to the library and a haircut on the way home.
CAROL

Joined old forum April 12, 2003 (57590 posts)

Love means......never having to say you're sorry. .
tubbsy24

Postby Stella59 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:23 am

Afternoon ladies very warm again here, having a bite to eat then off into the pool I think, making the most of it as its forecast a lot cooler tomorrow onwards.
Talking about the post I received a Christmas card yesterday the 10th Jan which was posted on the 14th Dec in the UK,

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday
Stella
Stella59

Postby Sylvana » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:56 am

To everyone,
Delene have fun with your Christmascards never to late to get a pesonal card.
Stitched or not stitched it comes from the heart.
I got a 3D Christmascard from my hairdresser but I'm the only one.
She is a part of our family that is her feeling. She is a sweetheart every year I make a Christmascard for her from permin. She showed me a photo every card from me stands in her livingroom every Christmas.
Have a nice day.
xxxxx
Sylvana

Postby sindy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:20 pm

evening everyone. had a few things in town to do today then went to mums for an hour and manage to catch a bus into town then my one home was on time was home with in the hour of leaving mums even with the windy weather.

back to craft club tomorrow given up the accounts now so hopefully more time for crafting.

hope everyone is safe and well
R
sindy

Return to General Chit Chat