Stash Ban

General chit chat forum

Stash Ban

Postby frog1987 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:35 pm

Anyone else needing put a stash buying ban in place? With us looking for a new house and updating furniture and appliances we need to save some pennies. Although I'm not a big spender on craft supplies I have got an awful lot to keep me going both in cross stitch and crochet. So I'm imposing a ban on myself until my birthday next year so just a few days shy of a year! I got a Lakeside Needlecraft Gift voucher for my birthday so have bought some bits I was needing and I have a vast stock of aida and threads. I also have my rose project, the Bothy threads kit from my mam, kits from The Geeky Stitching Company, oh and two Ursula Michaels charts. I've also got a whole set of drawers full of yarn and some so I definitely think this is doable. So my challenge is not to buy any craft stash until March 2019 with the EXCEPTION of threads/yarn needed to finish a project.

Anyone else fancy joining and having a go at using some stash up?
Cheryl

craftyblogger30.wordpress.com/
frog1987

Re: Stash Ban

Postby sindy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:38 am

Good luck Cheryl on your stash ban. I wouldn't be that good always checking second hand shops for cs kits which most are given as a presents to a friend to stitch and the beads for my snowflakes I make.

I only buy threads, fabric when I'm planning stitching a new chart started sorting some out for this year making a list of threads I need. I buy most from my craft lady where I used to live she is lovely she is even happy if I phone up with an order and posts it out to me which i get in a few days, I see her four times in a year her shop is full to the brim but she knows where everything is some how.

Good luck to you all..
sindy

Postby bron1974 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:14 am

I'll give it a go with you Cheryl, I also have plenty of thread at the moment. I've got a lot kitted up so don't really need anything at the moment and as we are trying to save money I think its a great idea xx
bron1974

Postby jayneb » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:12 am

Sounds like a good plan only got a wedding sampler to kit up but probably got all the thread just need aida , also might need extra thread for my Elvis project but not even thinking about him till i have completed at least one of my projects that I'm currently stitching.Just need to buy some more plastic bobbins to finish putting the last of my paper bobbins onto them
My biggest spend is on card making stuff but lately haven't really been keen on making any, so hoping to get my mojo back soon.

Good luck on not spending any dosh :)
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
jayneb

Postby snavenasus » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:26 pm

As I've said I'm tight and rarely buy stuff that I don't immediately need so don't need a ban. I can never understand when on the haed fb groups the number of charts some people own. I do put ones I really like into my wish list but find when I go back some of them don't seem as important to me as they once did but loads of people buy what they like as soon as new charts are launched and at about 16$ a time it's a lot of money to have tied up in something you might not like in a few years and will probably never get the time to stitch.
When I want to start something new I will buy the chart, fabric and threads necessary and then that's it. Last week I bought about 6 threads that were running low but prior to that I hadn't bought anything for about 6 months and remember I stitch for a few hours virtually every day
ImageImageImage
snavenasus

Postby Silverbunni » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:46 pm

I have put a limit on myself this year. Working on my ufo's. I used an amazon gift card to buy myself a winter woodland scene the other day. I am trying not to buy anything (unless it is spare threads or Aida). So far so good!! :D
Silverbunni

Postby frog1987 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Lovely to have you aboard ladies
Cheryl

craftyblogger30.wordpress.com/
frog1987

Postby xstitchderdee » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:48 am

I can only try but I doubt whether I can keep it because I cant resist pretty pics so will see how I go
xstitchderdee

Postby Danielle 31 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:38 am

Ttt
Danielle 31

Postby sindy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:18 am

tt
sindy

Return to General Chit Chat