Sympathy Cards

Exchange information about the chart shop, chart reviews and all the latest products in the shop.

Sympathy Cards

Postby lisawp » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 pm

We lost my grandfather today and I want to make something for my nan but the only sympathy card I have is a bit simple, does anyone happen to ahve some charts that might be fairly quick and simple to complete?
WIP: Ballerina Bear Birth Sampler & Daffodill Lake
Latest Finish: Jack Russel Thank You Card for the Vets
Posts from old site = 3092 member since 4th March 2003 (originally a member from 2001!)
lisawp

Re: Sympathy Cards

Postby westie mom » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Lisa I'm really sorry about your grandad. I don't know what I have but can't recall sympathy. I'll have a look and if I have anything I'll pm you

Take care and sending my sympathies to you and your family
westie mom

Postby Jane74 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm sure I have some I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know
Jane74

Postby patricia joan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss.I would find a nice flower to sew and add the words and maybe a cross
patricia joan

Postby pussycats » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:03 am

Sorry to hear your news Lisa , not sure if I have any charts like that will have a look when I get home from work. Sending hugs and my thoughts are with you and your family .
My Photo Albums

(old forum post 19,889 and originally joined Sep 2006 )
pussycats

Postby lisawp » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:13 am

Thank you ladies, he wasn't my biological grandfather, he died when I was 7 (the same age Joshua is now, of the same thing - prostate cancer). My nan had remarried in 2009, get this...

to my husbands, brothers, ex wifes, dad...

which has made life a little more complicated as my grandparents had fallen out with both his daughters from his earlier marraige and hence my ex sister in law and their children except each of the girls eldest boys one of which was my nephew Robert. Of course towards the end I was very upset about the children not getting a chance to say goodbye to their grandfather and became a bit of a go between for my neices and nephews and a bit of a snitch in my families eyes, giving them information when I apparently shouldn't have done. It is all such a pigs ear.
Posts from old site = 3092 member since 4th March 2003 (originally a member from 2001!)
lisawp

Postby Jane74 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:32 am

Hi lisa

Email me on jlt.parklodge@btinternet.com I have some sympathy cards. I'm going out this morning but I will be back this afternoon

Jane
Jane74

Postby pussycats » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi Lisa
sorry I dont have any sympathy designs but if you need a flower design let me know or may be you could stitch a design of something he enjoyed and I could help please let me know.
My Photo Albums

(old forum post 19,889 and originally joined Sep 2006 )
pussycats

Postby lisawp » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Jane - I have emailed you.

Wendy - thank you my lovely, you are a star. I would normally quite happily design my own card but finding it particularly hard this time round due to circumstances and time limit!

My nan is coping well with the situation and my little munchkin took it better than I expected. Not sure if I will get the chance to grieve properly due to playing piggy in the middle but we'll see.

Thank you to all who have looked for me, you are all stars!
lisawp

Return to Charts and Kits