Winnie the Pooh Height Chart

Exchange information about the chart shop, chart reviews and all the latest products in the shop.

Winnie the Pooh Height Chart

Postby Gillian_oneill » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:16 pm

Hi,
Hoping that someone can help and offer any advice.

I have just started the Winnie the Pooh height chart and this is the first big project I have done in terms of the size of the aida. I have only ever used hoops and I am finding it awful fiddly and its putting me off wanting to complete it.

I was hoping that you could offer some advice on frames - ive never used them before - are they easy? How do they work? Can I wrap the unused aida around the frame and move it as and when required?
Gillian_oneill

Re: Winnie the Pooh Height Chart

Postby love2stitch » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:34 am

Hi, yes a frame with rollers would be much easier than a hoop. You just roll away the fabric your not stitching on. As you would be starting in the middle of your design, you would be storing the rest of your fabric on both the top and bottom rollers and as they have wing nuts, well mine do anyway, you can keep your tension correct and then just roll the fabric up or down as your design progresses. Also with frames you can leave your stitching in it, unlike hoops where you have to keep taking it off to avoid leaving marks.

You would need a frame a couple of inches bigger than the width of your fabric, my frames are made from wood, which I think is more robust than plastic, but it's down to personal choice, some frames have clips to attach your aida to the roller, some have a strip of fabric attached that you tack your aida on to, mine are the latter, but it only takes a few minutes to do.

I also use a lap stand to rest my frame on, it makes stitching much easier.

Hope my explanation makes sense, if not let me know and I will try to answer your questions.

Happy stitching
Lyn
WIP - cartoon gold fish & a pink heart, both for Lovequiltsuk (charity)
WIP - Dr Who Christmas stocking
UFO - Map of Newzealand
love2stitch

Postby Gillian_oneill » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:22 am

Thank you very much for your reply and clear advise! I have just ordered a rotating wooden frame so hopefully it won't be long and I can get back to this project!
Gillian_oneill

Postby Gillian_oneill » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:11 pm

Thanks again for your help - quick question now that I have my new frame. How do you keep it clean when you are not working on it? Normally with a hoop I would just remove it and put it back in packaging however this would be pretty time consuming with a frame. However there are times when a few days may pass before I get time to stitch so it means its lying out and exposed to dust etc. Any tips?
Gillian_oneill

Postby love2stitch » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi Gillian,

Sorry for late reply, just got back from short holiday.

I use a pillowcase, that way you can keep your work on the frame and the pillowcase will keep it dust free when your not working on your project. Also I find that a pillowcase fits most size of frame.

Hope that helps.
regards
Lyn
WIP - cartoon gold fish & a pink heart, both for Lovequiltsuk (charity)
WIP - Dr Who Christmas stocking
UFO - Map of Newzealand
love2stitch

Return to Charts and Kits